Fundraising

Fundraising Total Raised to date: $975

Monday, May 19, 2014

Rest Week


I am currently sat on a flight from Washington DC to San Francisco, where I am heading to attend this year's Cisco Live event. I have never been to one of these events so when my employer offered me the opportunity of attending I jumped at it.
 
Initially I did have one reservation about going to Cisco Live and that was not being able to cycle and train for my upcoming LEJOG, which is now only 25 days away. An enforced six days off the bike will feel like an eternity but the closer this week came the more I realized that it was a great way to build a rest week into my schedule without actually feeling guilty.

The last 2.5 months have been the most cycling intensive months that I recall doing, close to 1400 miles. Whilst great prep for LEJOG very tough on the body especially given the lack of riding over the winter months. So I am now giving the body a rest before the onslaught of 75+ miles and thousands of feet of climbing that await me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment