Fundraising

Fundraising Total Raised to date: $975

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Countdown T - 7 Days

Yesterday evening I took Blue out for a shake down ride, to make sure the new brakes pads, tires, chain etc. were all working well. Which there were, in fact, this was one of the smoothest, quietest rides since I first assembled Blue. Bet I won't be saying that in 3 weeks time, I'm sure that after 1000 miles and all the wet weather the UK has to offer, the bike will be groaning and complaining, though probably not as much as the rider.

Now I really must come up with a better name for the bike,  "Blue" is just so boring, not the color but the name. I need a cool name for my bike. A favorite bike name of mine is Reggie, this is name that author Andrew Sykes gave to his bike that he rode on his adventures across Europe chronicled in, funnily enough, "Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie". It is a great read about how the author sets out and rides from England to southern Italy, and was in part the final nudge for me to get on with attempting LEJOG.

Andrew's website can be found at cyclingeurope.org



So with less than a week until the off and likely only 2 days until "Blue" is boxed ready to be shipped I need to come up with a "COOL" name for my trusty steed. So if you have any suggestion please drop a note in the comments sections. Thanks.

On another note just a quick shout out to Geoff and David Williams who completed their LEJOG today. Well done and congratulations.  Their LEJOG experience can be found  on the blog roll to the right "Father and Son take on LEJOG"

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to think of a name for old blue - well, "Trigger" logged a lot of miles for Roy Rogers, so maybe it work for you. Bill S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon-- I think you will find for "Blue" during your journey. When I think, smooth and quiet, I think of a hang glider... and let's hope it stays that way for the 1000 miles. Good luck!
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete