Fundraising

Fundraising Total Raised to date: $975

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Adventure Begins

Well after months of planning the adventure, known as LEJOG, is underway. Well not the cycling part, that starts tomorrow, but the journey to Land's End from the suburbs of Washington DC. I am currently penning this blog entry from the Starbucks in terminal B at Dulles Airport.  Not sure drinking a coffee based drink before boarding the RedEye flight to Heathrow is the best thing to be doing, but hey I am off on an adventure. Who needs sleep? And on the redeye I doubt I'll get any anyway.

So without further ado I must announce that my bike "Blue" has a new name. After weighing the numerous suggestions sent to me, thanks to those that submitted names, choosing from the top three, in fact there was only three, was a hard choice. So in fine fashion I have chosen to ignore all of them and the name I have settled on is.........


Drum Roll Please......



Norman











To give Blue it's full name "Norman Norcross".

So Norman and I are off on this LEJOG adventure. The next blog entry should be tomorrow with the 20 miles under our belts.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. We just completed our 5th day from Lands End, fabulous weather. Everything said about Cornwall Hills is true!!

    ReplyDelete